Location: MONCKS CORNER, SC, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing and Production
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Nov 22, 2022
Job ID: 37312
Responsible for developing and leading associates, employment decisions and performance assessments of an assigned plant value stream(s). Responsible for leading all aspects of the plant value stream(s) under the direction of the Operations Manager to include: associate development, utilization of team consensus to evaluate decisions, ensure rapid implementation of decisions, budget development and adherence, employment decisions related to associates and performance assessment of Group Leaders and associates.
• Reflect on problems, solutions and challenges, thereby creating a culture of continuous improvement.
• Lead the plant value stream(s) in daily operations and continuous improvements, which include but are not limited to: supply chain, production control, manufacturing priorities and coordination between all shifts in the value stream.
• The Value Stream Team Leader will assist the Operations Manager to create continuous product flow, utilize pull systems and to level the workload.
• Create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work and processes are followed, needed adjustments are implemented and the area is compliant with safety and 5S requirements.
• Instill and maintain a positive team atmosphere in the Value Stream(s); hold regular team meetings and assign team member tasks and coordinate support activities form departments outside of the team.
• Utilize PDCA in conjunction with Tracking Centers and Team Improvement Boards to ensure results.
• Provide effective cross training for Value Stream associates and backups from other value streams to assure the continuous smooth running of the value stream.
• Encourage team to stop and fix problems to get quality right the first time.
• Work with the Operations Manager to develop the future state value stream map and manage the plans to achieve it as documented in the Value Steam Tracking Center.
• In addition, the Team Leader works with other leaders to maintain Team Improvement Boards. A visually controlled environment must be developed to assure no problems are hidden.