Markets selected product lines to current or potential customers. Develops product and program marketing plans. Plans, coordinates, and implements profitable growth activities and strategies supporting customer focused teams.
May be responsible for collecting, analyzing and evaluating data on products, costs, and markets to support development of a pricing and bid strategy. Will monitor and optimize pricing strategy through process control and variance analysis.
Scope/ Supervision and Interaction:
Has direct reports X Does not have direct reports.
- Plans, recommends and implements long and short range marketing studies and pricing strategies. Analyzes policies and procedures which will promote marketing effectiveness to current or potential customers. Plans, coordinates, and prepares proposals of moderate scope and complexity in response to customer’s request for proposal (RFP).
- Develops marketing forecasts. Researches market conditions to identify sales opportunities with potential for profitable growth with current market segments. Prospects for and develops new customer business.
- Maintains product knowledge and regularly monitors industry pricing practices; particularly for major competitors and distributors. Understands current economic conditions and financial implications for division. Understands value position of products against competition, competing alternatives, and internal product offering.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data on past sales, cost and price trends to forecast future trends and support appropriate bid and proposal strategy.
- Collects and maintains information on the requirements, organization, budget, and preferences of current and prospective customers.
- Interfaces directly with the customer to develop and enhance customer relationships and networks. Leads or participates in customer negotiations.
- Prepares and gives presentations to management on matters concerning market planning and analysis, product selection, pricing, changing business environment, technology, and innovation at assigned customers or market segment, in product or processes.
- May develop and define appropriate price guidelines and bid strategy for specific product lines or a market segment. Develops effective segmentation strategy and variance based analysis to define floor and ceiling price points.
- May establish and manage adherence to guidelines and delegation of pricing authority. Defines and conducts regular reviews of price variance charts and metrics. Leads effective price reviews on large opportunities with cross-functional divisional staff teams. Assists in close strategy.
- Provides management with monthly metrics including information such as win/loss tracking, quote variance to guidelines, price trends, speed to quote, etc. May determines appropriate list prices and discounts based on analysis of market climate and competition, product life cycle, and division versioning strategy.
- Provides input and guidance to new product development teams in defining customer economic value proposition. Effectively models value proposition segments to define pricing strategy on new product or system launches..
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional and trade publications, establishing industry networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Acts as consultant to management on major matters. Establishes goals and objectives required to complete projects. Identifies mentoring needs. Trains and mentors less experienced employees. May provide leadership to others in department or to ad-hoc teams. May serve as functional expert.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Engineering, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Ten or more years of progressive marketing experience in high technology industry; specific pricing strategy experience may be required.
- Advanced, specialized knowledge of principles, industry practices, product and technical aspects of the business regulations, and policies related to marketing aerospace components and systems and marketing practices.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; proficient with modeling and accessing data from various systems and sources. Ability to substantiate pricing alternatives and trends.
- Project management skills and ability to lead and facilitate diverse teams.
- Negotiation skills and judgement; must be able to maintain customer confidence and protect operations working with confidential data.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and peer organizations.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.