Creates and effectively communicates the global economic and market intelligence necessary to support sound and proactive business
decisions throughout the corporation in accordance with Parker’s Win Strategy and company values. All activities undertaken are done so to
positively impact organic growth and profitability throughout the business cycles to help drive Parker towards the goal of a top quartile
company among its peers.
The Corporate Economist is a highly visible position who consults with all levels of management, with particular focus given to the support
of senior and executive management.
- Builds and maintains econometric models to forecast company sales and key end market performance. Forecasts are a key input in earnings guidance, artificial intelligence (AI) models, workforce planning, credit, etc.
- Produces a summary level report for use by executives which illuminate trends relevant to economies and markets in which Parker operates.
- Presents monthly global economic and industrial market outlook webcast to internal audiences and ad hoc presentations to external audiences (distributors/customers) in collaboration with business development and sales leadership teams across the corporation.
- Supports the Investor Relations function by providing materials necessary to prepare for the company’s quarterly earnings call.
- Develops the company’s Global Industrial Production Index (GIPI) that incorporates regional and major countries’ industrial production forecasts. Dynamically manages the company’s GIPI forecasting model to reflect regional and country weightings aligned with the company’s served markets.
- Creates and updates visual documents (Heat Maps, Dashboards, End Market Cycle Phase, etc.) that allow viewers to quickly digest trends in markets/economies.
- Monitors the business cycle and economic atmosphere by reviewing economic releases from government and reliable/reputable thirdparty sources and provides leadership with early warnings about developing trends that may be impactful.
- Maintains responsibility for updating and disseminating the corporation’s Managing Cyclicality resource guide in collaboration with various functional leaders.
- Develops and disseminates economic and regional key end markets projections for the corporate’s Annual Plan.
- Maintains frequent open communication with Group, Division, and Regional operating leaders to provide forecast and assessment of the respective economic and market conditions.
- Objectively evaluates relevant economic and public policies in support of tax and treasury functions.
- Evaluates and communicates commodities market pricing trends in support of supply chain and pricing functions.
- Manages and evaluates data and forecasts from reliable and reputable third-party providers.
- Supports ad hoc requests for all types of economic intelligence (projected rates of country/market growth, leading indicators, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or business-related field. MBA, MA in Economics, Certified Business Economist (CBE), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or related discipline preferred.
- ·1O+ years of experience in the application of economics in a business or industrial setting is required.
- Regression analysis and knowledge of econometrics is required.
- Comfortable and able to effectively communicate to audiences of all sizes, including C-suite, is required.
- Knowledge of global/regional economies and public policies is required.
- Knowledge of industrial markets and commodities preferred.
- Comfortable in collaborating with other functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, EViews, Bloomberg, Zoom.
The essential functions have been provided as example of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The
company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can
perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe
the general nature of the position.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job
applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Legal
authorization to work in the U.S. is required for all positions, and certain positions may require specific types of legal work authorizations.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to
http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf or http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf