Location: SAN DIEGO, CA, United States
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jan 12, 2023
Job ID: 38279
Lead, manage and coordinate all aspects of division goals and objectives in Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and climate control.
Develop and implement programs and procedures to meet Division objectives and targets in EHS. Key focus points include:
EHS Regulatory Compliance
Energy management and use reduction
Management Systems (as required)
- Coordinate all EHS training.
- Support and manage corrective actions from Corporate EHS audits.
- Onsite contact for Corporate EHS Department and under Corporate direction manage EPA actions such as, but not limited to, NOV’s, cleanups and complaints.
- Onsite contact for Corporate EHS Department and under their direction manage OSHA actions such as, but not limited to, inspections, letters of noncompliance, informal conferences.
- Direct all applicable EHS reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain necessary EHS records.
- Insure compliance with Corporate EHS Policy and Directives.
- Chair ISO 14000 and 18000 Committees (if applicable).
- Support customer EHS requirements (i.e. IMDS).
- Develop, measure and track internal EHS metrics, plans and goals.
- Report directly to division management and at staff meetings on EHS matters.
- Insure the training of new facility EHS Coordinators.
- Attend biannual EHS Conference or annual Country council meetings.
- Direct the division’s waste management (recycling) program.
- Support and Integrate EHS into Lean, HR, and Supply Chain efforts.
- BS Degree in a technical field, preferably EHS (extensive experience with certificate programs, seminars and CEU’s or associates degree possibly acceptable).
- A strong working knowledge of EHS regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Ergonomics and Behavior Based Safety a plus.
- 5+ years of applicable experience
- Can work independently.
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- Creative ability in insuring safety of employees, the environment while meeting the needs of production.
- Ability to plan and implement EHS programs.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with management as well as associates from the floor.
- Must be able to travel and work out of the office.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
The essential functions have been provided as example of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required for all positions, and certain positions may require specific types of legal work authorizations. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf or http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
Salary Range: $107,368 - $187,953