The Finance Controller role is required to ensure that effective financial and internal controls are in place at the Cape Town location. To provide business advice and guidance to the BUM, Operations Manager and site management team, which will assist in the achievement of the site, business unit and division strategic and operational goals.
This role provides advice and guidance within the general Finance team; it also provides direction and guidance on financial planning and budgeting to the Leadership Team at the location.
This job role provides a high level of input and influence in setting, managing and controlling budgets for the location as well as guidance in the general running of the business. At the corporate level this role will provide timely and accurate information as well as being involved in group projects as required
- Provides information to the Operations Manager, Division Controller and BUM (IAM) to ensure effective financial planning, budgeting and forecasting of the location
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results including financial statements, forecasts, mid- year reviews, budgeting and cost centre reporting
- Ensure location assets are safeguarded and have adequate processes in place to support proper financial reporting
- Process and monitor all capital expenditure justifications and submission for the location
- Ensure all internal controls ie SOX are in place, maintained and upgraded as necessary
- Act at a business partner to the Operations Manager, BUM (IAM) and location management by providing input and information to support the efficient management of the location.
- Ensure implementation and compliance to all established policies and procedures within Parker
- Ensure accounting practises are carried out in accordance with current US GAAP standards
- Provide support to WIN Strategy initiatives and support and improve lean methodology within the Finance department.
- Assist on special projects as required for both finance team and generally to support improved financial performance of the location.
- Preparation and analytical review of monthly management reports and financial accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Parker financial policies are applied
- Implementing Lean Accounting philosophies
- Working with the Leadership and Operations Teams to ensure timely management and control of budgeting and forecasting for the location. This will include working to strict corporate reporting deadlines.
Specific EHSE Accountabilities
- The overall implementation and expedition of the Environmental, Health, and Safety Policy within their areas of operation.
- Identifying and providing adequate resources to meet Divisional and site health and safety responsibilities at the locations; giving particular regard to the provision of safety equipment and first aid facilities.
- Giving direction to employees on the effective implementation of health and safety procedures and programs.
- Setting and agreeing relevant environmental, health and safety targets and objectives with their managers and employees that are consistent with the managers overall roles and responsibilities within the operation.
- Ensuring areas of operation work with, and support, Divison’s and location’s Environmental, Health and Safety Managers in establishing and maintaining the effective implementation of all policies, procedures, programs and documentation.
- Reviewing health and safety performance within area of operation and initiating both proactive and corrective actions to ensure agreed standards are met or exceeded.
- Communicating at all levels to ensure that consistent standards of health and safety are implemented across Division and Location.
- Ensuring personal knowledge of the broad aims of this policy and the local/national legislative requirements that place duties upon them.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified to degree level in a business or finance qualification as well as professional gualification ie CIMA/ACCA etc.
- Proven experience of cost accounting within a manufacturing environment to defined procedures, rules and policies.
- Knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, SOX, IFRS, etc.
- Previous experience of audit processes desirable
- Strong working knowledge of systems used within the finance team i.e. JD Edwards, MS Office etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to include the ability to influence and persuade at all levels within the organisation; build trust and confidnce; and establsih credibility
- Previous experience of managing a team is preferred
- Strong commercial focus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated, able to work on own initiative either alon or as part of a team working to strict timescales
- Ensure continues to expand and develop professional knowledge within relevant areas of Finance
- Knowledge of lean accounting processes is desirable
Parker Hannifin EMEA Sàrl (“PHEMEA”), based in Etoy, Switzerland, is the Principal Operating Company for Parker in the EMEA region. It is supported by a network of Parker Manufacturing Divisions and Sales Company Entities. The Filtration Group EMEA is a strategic business Group within PHEMEA. Engine & Mobile Filtration EMEA (EMFE) is a key service provider to PHEMEA.
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.