Join Parker Hannifin’s Digital & IT Team located at our Global Headquarters in the suburbs of Cleveland, Ohio! We are actively looking for team members to join our Digital & IT team! A career at Parker offers a meaningful sense of accomplishment and boundless potential for professional and personal growth. You will work alongside the brightest minds in the world to develop innovative technology and products and contribute to our company’s goal of solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges. Through Parker’s social responsibility programs, you will have opportunities to give back to the community and make a difference in the lives of others. We offer a competitive total rewards package, hybrid work schedule, and a vibrant work campus with many amenities.
Please click this link to meet our Digital & IT team! Digital & IT Team - Meet our Team!
<a href="https://publish.vidavee.com/publish/C7F97C91DBF4CECE954AB32D025B451B.doc?AF_deliveryChannel=landingpage" style="color:#FFC300;">Join Parker's Digital & IT Team - Click here to meet the team</a>
Manages the network connectivity at Parkers global locations and enhance local area networks to support business growth. Supports the development and management of Information Technology systems or services. Assists business unit implementation of such systems and services.
This role requires a high level of interaction with the business, internal teams and our key business partners to deliver solutions that meet our customers’ needs, whilst working in a highly collaborative environment and utilizing ONE1T principles.
This position has direct reports
Works with Division staff and other Corporate I/T staff under the direction and guidance of Enterprise management. Supervises project leaders, and technical analysts. Maintains operational relationships with vendors and Parker locations
- Implements and maintains I/T systems and services.
- Maintains these systems and services to be efficient and effective.
- Creates standards for I/T systems and services to provide flexibility and maintainability.
- Provides training materials and education to users of these systems.
- Provides information to promote the understanding and benefit of technology systems.
- Directs the planning and scheduling of development and implementation of I/T capabilities.
- Identifies deficiencies in I/T systems and recommends solutions/improvements.
- Provides guidance to employees on personal development needs and opportunities.
- Provides information to management identifying personnel, hardware and software needs to <li>provide appropriate levels of systems and services within the corporation.
- Managerial responsibility for safety, security, availability, scaling, costs and efficiency for their department.
- Manages across each function but also can dive deep into any given function as needed.
- Identifies organizational issues and recommends modifications/improvements.
- Creates track and control budgets; strategically planning through use of metrics; sponsoring, reporting and delivering large projects while proposing technical solutions to complicated problems.
- Strategic planning and forecasting; manage team and individual performance; delivering performance reviews, and address staffing needs.
- Mentors, trains and develops career progression for direct reports and members of the organization.
- Ability to oversee and manage complex projects for delivery against tight timelines to exceed customer expectations. To lead the implementation of new initiatives.
- Develops standardized network architecture offerings across the organization, focusing on vendor alignment, contract standardization and cost saving initiatives, such as buy back options, warranty agreements and upgrade options.
- Partners with the Divisions to understand their business challenges and manage the implementation of business led solutions to improve productivity, cost and service.
- Creates documents, including standards, RFP’s, policies and procedures.
- Ensures all KPI’s and metrics are on target.
- Defines effective short- and long-term strategies in line with corporate objectives.
- Holds regular meetings with vendors to maintain current models, track global incidents and resolve any issues relative to Parker systems.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure that our environments remain secure, meet best practice and are well maintained.
- Manages all relevant team objectives and goals.
- Responsibility for the recruitment of all relevant LAN team members
- Provides guidance, training, documentation, and support to any managed services on all applicable technologies.
This position may be assigned (but is not limited to) one of the following key information technology disciplines and/or services:
- Telecommunications – LAN/WiFi
- Strategic Technology
- University Degree (or international equivalent)
- 8+ years or more experience running in a 24/7 IT environment
- Managerial experience and significant Project Leader experience
- Advanced knowledge in all relevant technologies
- Strong understanding of network and compute architecture and have experience managing repair requests in a high-volume environment, as well as managing response to high severity events.
- Strong track record of developing talent and managing performance of their team and organization.
- Educated to degree level
- Working knowledge of Cisco networking – switching, wireless and routing preferred
- Working knowledge of Cisco DNAC preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and forecasting skills
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to deal with demanding situations
- Strong communication written and verbal skills to facilitate the need to work consistently and professionally with users at all levels within the organization, also with peers and colleagues
- Ability to motivate, develop and lead a team
- Self-starter, team player able who can motivate other team members
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as needed
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).