This job posting is no longer active.
Location: OXNARD, CA, United States
Job Family : Engineering
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Aug 8, 2023
Job ID: 41037
Is career growth and development important to you? Join Parker Hannifin in Oxnard, CA for an exciting
opportunity to join a fast-growing division that focuses on developing their talent! Parker Hannifin
provides excellent benefits and competitive pay.
Researches, analyzes, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to develop new
and/or improve core products. Develops and recommends solutions to engineering requirements for
complex or specialized projects or systems, to ensure that design objectives are met, including program
scope, cost and schedule constraints. Applies engineering principles based on assigned engineering domain (e.g. mechanical; electrical; chemical, etc.)
Scope/Supervision and Interaction: Has Direct Reports. Works with engineering project or a cross‐functional team within the business unit; may have regular customer/supplier interaction.
• Develop, formulate high-performance polymer membranes, fibers for filtration & separation applications.
• Execute and develop chemical/or polymer processing and testing procedures for ingredients, mixing and operating times, temperatures.
• Identify currently emerging technologies/products and leverage information to constantly advance.
Parker’s product development roadmap.
• Work with several vendors to characterize and develop chemical compositions from a pilot to production scale.
• Ensure that Parker's products must satisfy industry standards and meet or exceed external competitive product offerings.
• Work with several cross-functional teams to optimize product performance and to improve rate of manufacturing.
• Responsible for membrane performance evaluation and providing recommendations for improvements.
• Assist in executing IQ, OQ, PQ and developing production and process control related documentation.
• Develop FMEAs (PFMEA & DFMEA) and implement risk mitigation strategies (safety, process,equipment).
• Other job duties as assigned.
• Ph. D or Masters (preferred) in Chemical engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science,or related field.
• Have a minimum of 2-3 years hands-on industry/academic experience in the development of polymer materials.
• Must have a proven track record in research and development of hollow fiber, nano/microfiber membrane technologies.
• Must demonstrate expertise in formulating and characterizing wide range of high-performance polymers: PVDF, PES, PS etc.
• Must show advanced level proficiency in analytical characterizations and laboratory tests such as tensile strength, molecular binding information, adhesion properties, gas and liquid permeability,capillary flow porometry, infrared spectroscopy, electron microscopy, GC-MS, LC-MS etc.
• Should possess strong expertise in design of experiments (DOE's) and statistical data analysis.
• Self-motivated and able to operate with little supervision in a rapid paced work environment while meeting stringent deadlines.
• Must know (or learn) GDP, cGMP, 5S and lean manufacturing practices, quality protocols and work within their guidelines.
• Experience in process optimization, root cause analysis, report writing, and technical.
Offering $85k to $113k depending on experience
Onsite role Monday through Friday
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).