Location: DUBLIN, GA, United States
Job Family : Support
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Nov 14, 2023
Job ID: 43183
Military Flight Controls Division
Supporting aircraft worldwide, Parker Aerospace’s Military Flight Controls Division (MFCD) provides primary and secondary flight control systems that make flight possible. Tested, proven and trusted in commercial and military applications for decades, MFCD provides precise position-control actuation solutions for military aircraft across the United States and with foreign partners. The division’s JetPipe® electrohydraulic servovalve (EHSV) technology is used across commercial and military aircraft around the world. Headquartered in Irvine, California, the Military Flight Controls Division is the global leader in fly-by-wire flight control systems and electrohydraulic products and offers the world's most advanced motor design capabilities for flight controls.
Expedites production to ensure a continuous flow of materials and parts that conforms to the manufacturing schedule. Schedules and coordinates the flow of work within or between departments and investigates and resolves material or part shortages and schedule delays
1. Updates the manufacturing resource planning (MRP) or similar system by entering information that is timely and accurate. Troubleshoots and initiates action required to resolve discrepancies in paperwork or system information to maintain work in process (WIP) data accuracy.
2. Plans monthly and/or short‐term production dates and quantities to level load the work plan. Identifies and reports delays or problems in the work team/cell that may impact production schedules. Assists with prioritization of work assignments based on availability of people, material, and tooling.
3. Coordinates material movements between internal work and storage areas and/or outside processing or suppliers to ensure materials are available when needed.
4. Meets customer shipping dates by scheduling and expediting the movement of parts by means of move orders, split work orders and/or stock transfers. Identifies shortages, missing parts, discrepant parts, or additional requirements and reports status to the appropriate area.
5. Assists management by ensuring follow up actions are taken to resolve problems concerning over‐shipments, shortages, engineering changes, work orders on hold and cancellation of orders. Monitors component shortage status.
6. Coordinates information regarding status and priorities with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, Shipping/Receiving, and Contract/Program Administration.
7. Applies continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production techniques to planning and production activities. Recommends cost reduction opportunities and may be assigned to special projects. 8. Maintains knowledge of planning methods and systems, manufacturing operations, and products by attending team meetings, in‐house training, and reviewing technical manuals or trade publications.
9. Supports the team by accomplish
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders].
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf