Military Flight Controls Division
Supporting aircraft worldwide, Parker Aerospace’s Military Flight Controls Division (MFCD) provides primary and secondary flight control systems that make flight possible. Tested, proven and trusted in commercial and military applications for decades, MFCD provides precise position-control actuation solutions for military aircraft across the United States and with foreign partners. The division’s JetPipe® electrohydraulic servovalve (EHSV) technology is used across commercial and military aircraft around the world. Headquartered in Irvine, California, the Military Flight Controls Division is the global leader in fly-by-wire flight control systems and electrohydraulic products and offers the world's most advanced motor design capabilities for flight controls.
To develop and evaluate new processes and improve current process capability, efficiency, and overall productivity in all areas of manufacturing on new and existing products in support of the Corporate WIN Strategy. Responsible for the programming / troubleshooting of CNC equipment, designing of tools, fixtures, and gauges, and determination of process parameters to achieve desired production goals and quality standards
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
- Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing / production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Recommends product changes / improvements to Product Engineers. Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Coordinates input that may cross multiple teams or areas; makes recommendations, and implements changes.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications.
- Designs and prepares concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment.
- Manages the overall implementations of capital equipment projects. Develops tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and works with tooling vendors to supply such designs.
- Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures.
- Prepares reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents Company on specific projects leads and participates on project teams
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or Technology field and 5-7 years of related experience required.
- Must be proficient in CNC programming and have a hands-on approach in the troubleshooting of CNC equipment (i.e., Fanuc, Okuma).
- Must have experience in the manufacturing of gears and castings.
- Experience with CAD software (Inventor / EdgeCAM, CIMCAD) required for creating process prints, designing tools, fixtures, and gauges.
- Excellent math skills and must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes preferred.
- Prefer Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEAs, and quality systems experience. (Six Sigma - Black/Green Belt preferred)
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders].
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf