Location: DUBLIN, GA, United States
Job Family : Manufacturing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Sep 12, 2023
Job ID: 43235
Operates two or more production machines working from blueprints, sketches, and route sheets. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with general guidance in a team environment.
1. Sets up and runs production machines. Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts, where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre‐planned and established. Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper functioning or cutting action for correction.
2. Performs operations such as tapping, spot‐facing, chamfering, countersinking, and counterboring to close tolerances.
3. Aligns and fastens parts using standard fixtures and established methods.
4. Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
5. Removes burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, or other irregularities from machined parts. Burring operations involve general production parts ranging from the simplest to the more complex.
6. Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments, gages, and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs and damaged machined surfaces.
7. Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
8. Accurately and regularly performs all statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
9. Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for
improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
10. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
11. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. Two years related machining experience. High school diploma or general educational development (GED) certificate is required. Machine Tool certification/diploma preferred.
2. Able to read and follow blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
3. Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
4. Effectively applies lean initiatives.
5. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
6. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self‐service systems
to access on‐line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e‐mail).
7. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to walk, stand, and sit for extended periods of time. The team member is required to demonstrate manual dexterity and use hands to operate machinery.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, and the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
(The essential functions have been provided as examples of types of work performed by team members assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified team members can perform the essential functions of the job. The physical and mental demands described above are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders].
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status Required.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf