Military Flight Controls Division
Supporting aircraft worldwide, Parker Aerospace’s Military Flight Controls Division (MFCD) provides primary and secondary flight control systems that make flight possible. Tested, proven and trusted in commercial and military applications for decades, MFCD provides precise position-control actuation solutions for military aircraft across the United States and with foreign partners. The division’s JetPipe® electrohydraulic servovalve (EHSV) technology is used across commercial and military aircraft around the world. Headquartered in Irvine, California, the Military Flight Controls Division is the global leader in fly-by-wire flight control systems and electrohydraulic products and offers the world's most advanced motor design capabilities for flight controls.
Has responsibility to provide technical direction and oversight for product development team(s) with long-term business and organizational impact. Is responsible for technical scope, cost and schedule management of assigned projects/tasks. Plans, schedules, and coordinates efforts of assigned project staff and is accountable to meet team performance to project objectives. Serves as a technical advisor on major projects. Acts as the primary point-of- contact on complex technical projects of significant scope and broad product, technology investment, integration challenges, and major customer impact.
May have indirect or matrix responsibility to guide and provide technical direction to achieve project milestones. Has significant interaction with customers and senior technical community.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing technical requirements (e.g. technical and commercial project proposals; customer statements of work) conferring with senior management. Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and staffing and resource requirements and costs. Ensures projects meet schedule commitments, cost (non‐recurring and recurring) results, and technical expectations through effective technical project leadership.
- Communicates and coordinates directly with other senior technical representatives (e.g. suppliers, customers, government) to reach agreement on specific technical issues. Maintains frequent formal and informal customer interface to present project status.
- Evaluates project specifications/proposals by studying product or system design and customer technical program requirements (including performance, service and support, and data requirements). Identifies product and technology risks related to project cost and schedule.
- Controls the project plan by reviewing any changes in technical requirements or specifications (e.g. requirements management) and recommending actions to achieve milestones. Controls project costs by reviewing non-recurring and recurring costs, monitoring and approving quotes and expenditures; may administer and have oversight for outsourced contractor contracts. Maintain efforts within defined cost and schedule constraints, including statusing and root cause/corrective actions of associated variances. May act as Control Account Manager for project applying Earned Value Management. Projects frequently include long-term R&D development cycles.
- Prepares and reviews technical project work prepared by others (e.g. system schematics, layouts, algorithms, transfer functions and related test plans, procedures and reports) by applying scientific and engineering principles and technical judgment. Advises and monitors regulatory and intellectual property concerns.
- Ensures consistent engineering standards, processes, and documentation methods are used in project deliverable. Establishes and maintains engineering history files, project files, and related information to provide archive of technical project activities.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
- Acts as consultant to management on technical and project-related matters. Identifies mentoring and development needs; serves as a mentor for other employees.
- Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) Certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline; Masters or Ph.D advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10-12 years of related aerospace experience. Experience in the Aerospace industry is essential, with experience in hydraulic actuation a plus.
- Has thorough in-depth knowledge of engineering domain (e.g. mechanical, electronic, packaging, etc.), principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies. Ability to apply broad knowledge of other related engineering or scientific fields to area of expertise.
- Strong facilitation and team building skills. Ability to communicate with and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
- Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
- Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, design, and project management tools following established project/program management protocol.
- Ability to manage multiple or major project deliverables and provide technical direction to the team, customers, or suppliers at project milestones.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams.
- Proficient with standard project management tools and practices
- Ability to apply Earned Value Management (EVM) principles to manage scope, schedule and cost objectives
Please note that the salary range information is only applicable for California. Compensation is based on a variety of factors, candidate experience, qualifications, location as well as market and business considerations. Pay Range: $113,579/annually - $198,823/annually.
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders], or have refugee or asylee status).
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.