Tool and Die Maker 1
Meets or exceeds requirements and objectives of Machinist #3. Fully proficient following processes once defined. Self-directed and able to execute the most complex machining and fitting of all kinds of details, tools, and machines in support of single piece tool production. Demonstrate leadership by providing guidance and process direction to others. Work with Engineering, breakdown jobs, and estimate hours for jobs. Able to solve minor issues with drawings and make judgement calls regarding tools.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Operate CNC and/or Conventional machines with a high degree of efficiency.
- Setup and operate multiple machine tools and perform progressive machining operations on work involving very close tolerances.
- Train others on machines and provide technical support as needed.
- Determine operation sequences.
- Fit and assemble where needed, with understanding of form, fit and function at both the detail and assembly level.
- Leads, advises and assists others in corrective action process
- Address current issue and establish process to avoid future problems
- Supports new tool releases through design review with engineering.
- Demonstrate the ability of working with engineers to develop new parts.
Skills & Experience
- Diagnose and correct trouble in complicated tools, provide input for resolution of faulty processes through experience and/or technical knowledge.
- Self-sufficient at problem resolution
- Provide input for future processes
- Feedback to engineering
- Able to perform CNC programming, revisions, and is a technical advisor for others.
- Circular interpolation, cutter compensation, canned cycles for drilling, threading and roughing.
- Requires working knowledge of the materials used for tools and equipment.
- Understand machining parameters
- Understand typical heat treat for specific materials
- Requires the mathematical ability to support production of tools and repairs.
- Understanding of GD & T with working knowledge of stack-up tolerance.
- At the detail coordinated through assembly level.
Demonstrate proper and safe operation of equipment, and personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety glasses/full face shield, hearing protection, heat reflective body garments and gloves as required.
Performs physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and frequent movement of the whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, balancing and handling of material.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive total compensation package. See what we have to offer!
- Benefits: Our benefits start on day 1 of employment! We offer 2 medical plan networks, each with 4 plan designs – you’ll be sure to find the healthcare plan that fits your life! With each medical plan network, there are plans that include a Health Savings Account and a Health Reimbursement Account. You can choose from 3 dental plan options and vision coverage as well. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts for both Childcare and Healthcare expenses as well as optional Supplemental Medical Benefits (Critical Illness, Accidental Injury & Hospital Indemnity). Reduced healthcare premiums offered with a wellness incentive credit. Our company provided Life Insurance (1x annual salary), Accidental Life & Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability insurance are available to employees.
- Bonus: This position receives a 5% Annual Cash Incentive Plan, which is a bonus based on division performance.
- Retirement: Our 401k offers up to 5% Employer match with an annual Retirement Income Account (RIA) contribution of 3%.
- Time Off: To help promote a healthy work/life balance, this position receives 80 hours of Paid Vacation plus Paid Sick time, which accrues at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.
- Holidays: Up to 14 Paid Holidays, including paid time off every year between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Parental Leave: 4 weeks Paid parental leave at 100% of your pay when you have a new addition to your family.
- Education: Ongoing education is supported through our Educational Reimbursement program.
- Extras: Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance programs, financial guidance resources, paid jury duty time, bereavement time and volunteer time, as well as paid days off for citizenship testing, marriage and birth. Free membership to Care.com, and optional legal coverage were additions to our benefits package this year.
- Our 2nd shift receives a shift differential of $2.00 per hour. Our weekend shifts receive $6.00 shift differential pay while working 36 hours per week.
- Certain positions may be offered relocation assistance and/or stock options.
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. Completion of a U.S. Export Compliance Notice is required. Prospective employees must identify their status as a U.S. or Foreign Person, as well as their country of citizenship and residence.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf (06/20/2006) (C/O July 2015)