Location: Gainesville, GA, United States
Job Family : Sales
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Nov 20, 2023
Job ID: 44599
Responsible for maintaining/increasing sales volume and margin with existing and new accounts within OEM and/or industrial /distribution channels. Accountable for executing assigned sales goals and sales plans within our South Carolina / Georgia Territory. Responsible for securing and maintaining distribution of products and maintaining effective agreements. Actively supports the Corporation's Win Strategy.
· Develops and maintains strong client relationships with OEM customers and distributor accounts while meeting position objectives. Ensures Parker products are specified to maintain and increase revenue by prioritizing the opportunities on an account-by-account basis to obtain optimum sales and margin results.
· Develop and maintain comprehensive technical knowledge of group/divisional products, applications, features, advantages, and benefits. Remain current with relevant internal and external training and development.
· Obtain specifications and approvals at engineering firms, major accounts, and/or distributors assigned to develop increased sales opportunities and margins.
· Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the marketplace and provide reports, on a regular and/or monthly basis. Keep management aware of changes that would affect the distribution of Parker products. Participates in the development and implementation of appropriate response strategies.
· Assist the divisions in planning strategy to provide the products and services required for their assigned accounts. Actively support cross divisional and other group products with proper referrals.
· Provide product training at the distributor and customer levels. Motivate and provide sales direction to the distributors. Assist in the conversion of competitive accounts to Parker.
· Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in direct and/or distributor sales of industrial technical products; progressive experience in sales or divisional operations.
· Effective communication, both oral and written; PC skills a must.
· Past demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales targets; sustain sales growth in territory; proven track record of achieves plus experience.
· Must have multiple and consecutive years of cross selling.
· Must be able to travel overnight 50% - 70% of time or as required
· A technical degree is preferred.
· Proper product and system certification preferred.
· Multiple sales award winner (Diamond, President, Inner Circle, etc.)
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.