An opportunity has become available for a Trainee CNC Setter to join the Instrumentation Products Division Headquarters in Barnstaple. The successful candidate will learn how to proficiently set and operate a wide range of machines to maximum capacity whilst maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Learn how to operate machines to optimum efficiency e.g. Okuma LB15, LT10, Hitachi Seiki, ensuring regular checking of machine speed, tooling and quality.
- Learn how to set machines following the established procedures.
- Continuous review of machine set-up and operation to ensure all product manufactured meets the established quality standard.
- Learn how to read and follow instructions on drawings, routings, set-up sheets and ISO procedures so that the work produced meets customer requirements in terms of delivery times and quality.
- Learn how to change the full range of tools on allocated machines to ensure full efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness are achieved.
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment so that the work area hazards are minimised, tooling and gauges etc. are protected and presentation meets the company standard.
Skills / Experience
- Experience within a production environment is advantageous
- Numerate and able to follow written instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Keen to learn new skills
The hours of work are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday rotating weekly between early and late shifts.
In return we offer:
- A starting salary of £22,000 per annum, plus 25% shift allowance.
- Quarterly bonus.
- 25 days holiday per year, rising to 30 days with length of service (plus bank holidays).
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days of holiday per year.
- Free parking onsite.
- Free gym onsite.
- Health Cash Plan (re claim the cost on a wide range of benefits, up to an annual limit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Pension: 3% employee contribution + 5% employer up to 6% employee + 9% employer.
- Paid time off for volunteering in the local community
- Employee Assistance Program and Well-being initiatives.
- Training and education support.
- Additionally, we offer a wide selection of voluntary benefits and generous discounts aimed at making your money go further including; cycle to work scheme, dental insurance, travel insurance, critical illness cover plus many others.
Parker Hannifin EMEA Sàrl (“PHEMEA”), based in Etoy, Switzerland, is the Principal Operating Company for Parker in the EMEA region. It is supported by a network of Parker Manufacturing Divisions and Sales Company Entities. The Instrumentation Group EMEA is a strategic business Group within PHEMEA. Instrumentation Products Division EMEA (IPDE) is a key service provider to PHEMEA.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.