Location: CLEVELAND, OH, United States
Job Family : Information Technology
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Nov 20, 2023
Job ID: 44641
The Digital and IT Technical Specialist: SAP Finance (Level 2) is a key influencer in the strategic vision and roadmap implementation for the technology area(s) and Business Functions they support. This position works directly with SAP project leaders, technical or business analysts on the planning, execution, and support of a variety of information technology solutions.
Responsible for designing, developing and implementing globally based digital information technology systems, solutions and services. Applies knowledge of key Finance and Controlling process to configure and customize SAP to meet the needs of the business. Delivery is combination of deployment projects, systems enhancements, and production support. Provide input towards the development of solutions for the Finance function which can be applied across multiple divisions, using standard SAP as much as possible. Responsible for adhering to policies, procedures and standards supporting the use and management of those systems while working closely with leaders and business partners to ensure expectations are aligned.
· Processes within the global Finance and Accounting organization across the SAP landscape
· Configuration and programming leadership
· Following controls
· Agile mindset
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
This role does not have direct reports.
· Design processes and technical solutions to meet the needs across all aspects of the Finance organization.
· Proactively anticipates changes, makes recommendations to leadership, leads and implements change within team
· Completes root cause analysis of issues and decisively leads problem resolution
· Consistent and high degree of focus to a business or technology solution's ROI and realistic achievable business value
· Build trust with business partners and stakeholders through strength of translating complex technical solutions to non-technical language
· Drives continual improvement to both IT and Finance systems processes.
· Works across SAP functional areas to understand impact on SAP Financials of changes outside the FI/CO modules.
· Demonstrates a high degree of emotional intelligence and organizational awareness
· Proficient in IT life-cycle management methodologies, including design, development, testing, project management and change management
· Responsible for regional or global support of technical solutions or business applications spanning multiple technologies or business functions
· Effectively communicates technical issues to project team members and management
· Ability to travel as needed - 10-20%
· Available to provide after-hours technical support as needed
· Bachelor's Degree in IS/IT, Business, or related function
· Eight or more years’ experience in Information Technology
· Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
· Ability to maintain professional and strong relationships with business partners, contractors, and stakeholders
· Demonstrate Agile methodologies and can apply those processes to everyday work
· Experience in security best practices and compliancy requirements for area of expertise
· Embrace and lead through change as we embark on transformation of the Parker Digital landscape
· Proactively direct business partners in breaking down and resolving business challenges with innovative IT solutions
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree in information or computer science, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight (8+) or more years of increasingly responsible experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of information technology related to specific assignments, industry practices, regulations, and overall business operations. Ability to translate customer desires and projected requirements into information technology deliverable and to develop solutions to customer problems. Specific area of assignment may require knowledge in specific or multiple products and tools. Able to provide technical leadership to other team leaders and professional staff. Thorough technical knowledge of implementation and testing methodology. Ability to work on and understand problems from a cross-functional and process perspective.