- Perform all necessary maintenance and repairs in machining department including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, PLC and pneumatic repairs on all equipment. Responsible for completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments. Detects malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machine.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices using hoists, hand, and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Remove and install Spindles
- Assist in the installation of new machinery, fixtures, and necessary hookups.
- May install and repair electrical apparatus such as; transformers, wiring, electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt. When ordered parts are not available, selects materials, plans, and performs difficult machining operations on replacement part or fixtures.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Uses safe working practices and reports/repairs any hazardous conditions always.
- Trains and/or assists with training new and existing employees.
- Performs other duties, including assignments to higher or lower classification jobs as assigned by management.
- Employee must regularly lift and move up to 3-40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee is required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to stand for full shift.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in troubleshooting in a mechanical or electrical field, OR- extensive training in field through on the job training or coursework. High School diploma.
- Possess working knowledge of temperature controllers/PLCs and computer based logic.
- Familiar with Fanuc, Siemens, Mitsubishi operation systems.
- Ability to read and correctly interpret work instructions, process sheets, blue prints, schematics, etc.
- Verbal communication at a level to provide meaningful feedback to internal and external customers.
- Basic Math Skills with the ability to compute rate, ration, and percentages.
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders], or have refugee or asylee status).
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf