A fantastic opportunity has arisen as we look to recruit experienced CNC Setter Operators to join our growing production team at our Barnstaple site.
- Operate and set machines such as Okuma and Doosan Lathes, Mazak and Bridgeport Mills or Wickman using stainless steel and alloys.
- Follow all safety rules and standards to ensure own and colleagues' safety.
- Follow the established procedures and standard work instructions to ensure satisfaction of quality and productivity standards.
- Through review of machine operation ensure all products manufactured meet the established quality standard.
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment to the company’s 5s standard.
- Read and follow instructions on drawings, routings, and ISO procedures.
- Train colleagues in changeover techniques, methods and best practice.
- Through the use of SMED methodologies and team working activities improve processes with a view to reducing changeover times, overall operating cost and/ or increasing productivity.
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a CNC Setter.
- Numerate and able to follow written instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in making products for the oil, gas, petrochemical, automotive or power processing industries would be an advantage but not essential.
Hours of work are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday rotating weekly between early and late shifts.
In return we offer:
- A basic salary between £26,800 and £30,050 per annum, plus 25% shift allowance.
- Guaranteed quarterly bonus.
- 25 days personal holiday, rising to 30 days with length of service.
- Option to buy or sell up to 5 days of holiday per year.
- Paid time off for volunteering in the local community
- Free parking onsite.
- Free gym onsite.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Pension: 3% employee contribution + 5% employer up to 6% employee + 9% employer.
- Employee Assistance Program and Wellbeing initiatives.
- Training and education support.
- Additionally, we offer a wide selection of voluntary benefits and generous discounts aimed at making your money go further including; cycle to work scheme, dental insurance, travel insurance, critical illness cover plus many others.
Parker Hannifin EMEA Sàrl (“PHEMEA”), based in Etoy, Switzerland, is the Principal Operating Company for Parker in the EMEA region. It is supported by a network of Parker Manufacturing Divisions and Sales Company Entities. The Instrumentation Group EMEA is a strategic business Group within PHEMEA. Instrumentation Products Division EMEA (IPDE) is a key service provider to PHEMEA.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.