This job posting is no longer active.
Location: OTSEGO, MI, United States
Job Family : Engineering
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Feb 28, 2024
Job ID: 46467
Researches, analyzes, designs, and tests component parts, processes, or systems to develop new and/or improve core products. Develops and recommends solutions for technical project assignments using fundamental principles of mechanical, electrical, packaging, or other engineering disciplines.
1. Collaborating in a team environment develops assigned portions of design by analyzing specifications and performance requirements. Performs routine design and supports development of assigned products (e.g. new mechanical or electromechanical components, subsystems, and systems) by applying basic engineering principles and established analytical tools.
2. Investigates product development factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, strength-weight efficiency, contractual specification requirements, cost-defining recommendations, and change proposals.
3. Completes defined technical tasks (e.g. modify product functional specifications, detailed drawings and schematics; define data elements and structure; analyze and interpret test reports). Develops reports and documentation in response to technical information requests.
4. Conducts routine analyses and/or tests to evaluate product designs, methods, materials or processes and completes required technical documentation by applying engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures, or change proposals as required.
5. Provides technical information for review with product engineering and design review teams. Consistently applies established engineering practices, standards, and documentation methods. Contributes to supporting documentation for procedures and technical reports.
6. Adopts lean product development and standard engineering development and techniques.
7. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, and/or participating in professional associations.
8. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities. Contributes and supports other teams or individuals as needed.
Additional information for Engineer I role.
This is an entry-level role in an R&D Test Lab requiring significant hands-on work and strong attention to detail supporting the development of hydraulic pumps. Working with and under the direction of an Engineering team, primary responsibilities include:
Setting up and running tests including programming of test cycles, calibration of sensors, and use of data acquisition systems
Documenting test results with photographs and measurements, and writing Laboratory Test Reports
Modification of components using CNC machine tools based on testing results
Design of laboratory fixtures and equipment
The essential functions have been provided as example of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification.
The company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions.
The job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position
Bachelor degree (BS) (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in an engineering or science technical discipline. Professional entry level position. May have limited prior industry experience or have worked with direction in student internship programs.
Fundamental knowledge of engineering domain principles, concepts, and techniques. ·
General knowledge of industry products, customers, and related legal/regulatory requirements. ·
Fundamental knowledge of and use of basic engineering design and analysis tools (e.g. computer-aided design programs). Learns and utilizes specialized engineering databases; may require programming skills. ·
Develops familiarity with products and customer specifications and standards applicable to assigned product line or system. ·
Ability to communicate status of technical tasks and actions taken with clarity and precision. ·
Ability to work with general direction and instruction regarding the scope of assignments; determines the priority and order of assignments; and applies judgment in selecting procedures and techniques. ·
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and reports. Ability to present findings and information in both formal meetings and informally within and across Parker teams
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.