Position will directly report to the general manager with additional accountability to the group supply chain manager. Will manage the complete material control process including procurement, production/inventory control, and transportation logistics. Will interact with all levels of division management including Operations, Sales, Engineering, Quality Control, Marketing and Finance. Will coordinate best practices with other division supply chain managers and the group supply chain manager. Key supplier and key customer contact essential.
This role is located in Kearney, Nebraska and has responsibility for the supply chain functions in Kearney, NE, Colorado Springs, CO, Yankton, SD and Queretaro, Mexico.
- Manages the materials function within the division considering manufacturing capacity, schedules workloads, recommends in house manufacturing vs. outsourcing, quality control and workforce balance.
- Establishes and maintains premier customer service.
- Leads all Supply Chain Management activities within the division. This will include establishing preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications, compliance with governmental procurement regulations and group programs. Will establish and implement standard/automated re-order procedures. Will develop crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs. Negotiates long term contracts in coordination with group staff and policies.
- Responsible for continuous improvements programs with suppliers.
- Responsible for managing the division operational inventory to ensure adequate stocking levels for immediate production items and forecasting for future requirements. Will establish and implement standard/automated delivery procedures for just in time supplier stocking items.
- Responsible for facilitation of the S&OP Process.
- Accountable for managing the division's overall strategic production planning practices taking into consideration short term/long term production requirements and integrating materials availability. Will establish and implement procedures for special order request, engineering changes and part substitutions, and sales market demand for products.
- Responsible for integrating the division with electronic interfaces throughout the supply chain.
- Represents the supply chain at the division level.
- Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development.
- Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- 7+ year’s managerial experience leading a large supply chain function.
- 4-year degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in supply chain management preferred.
- Possesses analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have advanced computer skills and be able to understand electronic data processing. Systems (IT) experience beneficial.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Must be an innovator and embrace lean enterprise principles and practices. Practical experience in implementing lean technologies and practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov) and Genetic Information Discrimination
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.