Location: HAVERHILL, MA, United States
Job Family : Professional - Entry
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Feb 12, 2024
Job ID: 46577
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a global company based in Cleveland, Ohio. With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
This is an onsite role located in Haverhill, MA
Parker Hannifin is looking for talented student leaders to strengthen its Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) programs and play an integral role in the current and future success of the organization. This is an internship that can eventually lead to the Parker Hannifin EHS Trainee program or an entry level position in an EHS career at Parker Hannifin. The EHS intern position will be based at one of the many manufacturing facilities across the US, or at the corporate headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. Your role will be to support any and all aspects of environmental management, occupational safety, and environmental, health and safety compliance. This is a hands-on role where you will gain valuable experience in EHS management. The role reports to the site EHS leader.
· Overhaul the Control of Hazardous Energy program to include audits, procedures, and equipment.
· Update and implement Job Safety Analysis’s on site.
Projects for Intern:
• Deploy, support, or assist with maintaining EHS programs and procedures to meet business unit EHS objectives and targets with an emphasis on Safety and Accident Prevention, EHS Regulatory Compliance, and Resource Conservation.
• Deploy, support, or assist with maintaining applicable EHS management systems, which may include an ISO 14001 Environmental Management System and a Compliance Assurance program.
• Deploy, support, or maintain EHS reporting, which includes performance against targets and goals, regulatory reporting, and corporate business unit and customer required reporting.
• Support or maintain an EHS training program for applicable EHS training required across the business unit from employee to leader.
• Deploy, support, or maintain EHS cultural programs.
The EHS intern will report directly to the EHS Site Leader. The EHS Intern will work with different levels of the organization, and with different functional areas to accomplish assigned tasks. The working environment will be a mix working in an office setting and working in a production environment.
• Currently enrolled in a four-year college working towards a bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to EHS, which includes Health and Occupational Safety, Environmental Sciences, Environmental, Chemical, or Civil Engineering, or other EHS related degrees.
• Completion of at least sophomore year of college with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
• Must have an interest in an EHS career.
• Must have good problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to work independently.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf