Parker Aerospace is an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation. We are a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft. Our culture, values, innovation and people along with a common sense of integrity in their work is why our business continues to grow. We continue to provide unmatched performance for our customers and shareholders. Best of all, our employees share in the success!
The FSD-Irvine Product Support Department has openings for Assembler/Tester Technicians on 2nd shift.
1. Performs complex assembly/test functions utilizing mechanical skills, hand and power tools,
mechanical/electronic tools, test equipment, assembly fixtures, and inspection measurement equipment in a manufacturing environment.
2. Sets up complex test equipment on a variety of products to measure and record valve or system conformance to test specifications. Sets up test stands with appropriate plumbing for hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, and cryogenic tests from required product test specifications.
3. Verifies accuracy of test stand and set‐up prior to testing and makes necessary adjustments to attain specified test results. Trouble shoots and resolves most set up problems independently.
4. Conducts tests using common and/or computerized data acquisition equipment (i.e. Labview), and interprets/records test results on data forms. Uses X‐Y recorders, oscilloscopes, transducers, and other related equipment. Troubleshoots and reworks malfunctions disclosed by test data independently. Verifies new production assembly and test procedures and recommends processes to achieve desired results.
5. Performs diagnostic teardown and rebuilding of product,
including evaluation of suitability of components, according to customer specifications.
6. Produces and inspects assemblies that conform to product specifications. Assembles, tests, and/or solders to customer and/or industry standards.
7. Interprets blueprints, engineering orders, assembly routes, test specifications
8. Actively leads lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement.
9. Interfaces with support functions to solve product problems and conduct work according to business contract.
10. May perform machining operations related to product acceptance procedures (i.e. pre‐/re‐trim).
11. May travel to the customer to research, identify, and repair product failures. Could be expected to travel to acquired company to support product integration.
12. May perform inspection tasks as required to gather dimensional values, utilizing high resolution measuring instrumentation.
13. Observes all safety rules and maintains a foreign object damage (FOD) free work area. Ensures all equipment is calibrated in accordance with calibration schedule. Conducts training of less experienced team members.
14. May perform other related responsibilities.
QualificationsSeven or more years direct industry related experience in both assembly/test in a high technology manufacturing environment. Able to work independently with limited supervisory guidance. Knowledge of Parker Aerospace products desired.
Demonstrate a broad and comprehensive understanding of complex hydraulic, pneumatic, or fuel products involving electronics, dual systems, and multiple part families.
Possess extensive historical knowledge of product and process situations normally encountered.
Able to research problems and develop solutions, incorporating multiple variables, to successfully repair products to serviceable condition.
As required, must be able to set up test fixtures independently. Able to adapt to procedures, techniques, and/or processes to meet special needs on varied assignments.
Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications. Perform semi‐complex mathematical calculations, as well as demonstrate effective verbal, written, and basic computer skills.
Possess excellent mechanical reasoning. Hydraulic and/or electrical background required. Measurement conversion and fluids theory knowledge required for test applications. Leakage, flow, friction, and pressure
Able to implement and effectively apply lean initiatives.
Serve as a resource to other team members and assist in training efforts. Possess effective interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment on research and solution development.
Able to interpret reports and use standard business software applications. Able to use employee self‐service system to access on‐line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, e‐mail).
May require specialized certification specific to division requirements (i.e. certified operator, FAA repair license, soldering certification).
Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.
Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
We offer a positive, teaming company culture and competitive benefits package including the following:
• 401(K) with company match of 5%
• Annual Cash Incentive Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays Annually
• 15 Days Vacation
• Education Assistance
• Adoption Assistance Program
• Alternative Work Schedule Option
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf